Monday, October 29, 2007

Movie Monday - I Can Only Imagine



I'd like to dedicate this blog to the Flooren Family, and anyone else who was close to Michelle.

On Saturday while I was at the conference we were singing a song and I was just singing and (unfortunately) not paying attention to what the song was saying since I was doing the media. As I sang the words: "when we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing we will be, when we all see Jesus..." (you know the rest). All the sudden it hit me...Michelle is there RIGHT NOW. (I mean I knew that already). And from what I hear her funeral was a huge celebration of that (I wasn't able to get the time off work).

But suddenly the AWESOMENESS of that, the fact that I can't even fathom what JOY she is experiencing. A perfect, sinless, painless place that I've heard of since I was in sunday school. I don't think I'd ever thought of it this way before. As in she is in the PRESENCE (the VERY PRESENCE) of our HOLY FATHER. WOW, WOW!!!

I tried to remember the time I'd felt the closest to God. It was probably a concert in Michigan in a stadium with 25000 people and the lights almost dark and the Newboys, with Jeremy Camp. All of them sitting on stools doing a quiet acoustic worship time. It is going to be BIGGER and BETTER then that. WOW I just can't imagine what it will be like to be IN HEAVEN! Forever, FOREVER!!! WOW!!!

And for a moment I was a bit jealous of Michelle. I really can't wait!!!

1 comment:

BeccA's Buzz said...

This is a fantastic post! I love that you took the time to share this emotional moment you had. I love these times. Even if they are brief, the feeling of sheer awesomeness that we can sometimes experience that makes you know how unbelievable it will be like when we get there with Jesus too! The Bible tells us our souls thirst for him. I know what it's like to be soooo thirsty you could drink a lake. When you get these awesome feelings, these moments of better understanding and closer to Him, that's your soul taking a drink! Every moment will be this good...no actually it will be 'joy unspeakable!'
:-) Amen, sista, I love these times!